"Soy Dead"

By Unknown - 8:25 AM


These last 2 weeks have gone by so fast that I haven't had time to sit down and write about everything. Most of last week was spent shopping (let's be honest, that's been every week), hitting up a few local bars, and studying for final exams. After hours of studying, I can happily say I passed my classes with an A- [insert praise emoji]. 

To celebrate our last weekend in Spain/classes ending, a few of us spent the weekend in Barcelona. We left immedietly after class on Friday and taxi'd to the bus station, which we then took a bus to Malaga's airport to fly to Barcelona. After a long day of travel, we finally arrived to Barcelona around midnight. On Saturday, we took a cable car over the city which was absolutely amazing. I would also like to say that, to get to the cable car, we climbed a steep dirt hill wearing jeans and sandals. If you remember our steep hill climbing adventure in Nerja, it went very similar to that. 
After the cable car, we took a bus to Park Güell across the city. Unfortunately, the park had sold out tickets to see the part Gaudí designed, so instead, we climbed up to the highest point we could find at the park to finally catch a cool breeze  look over the entire city. 
Whilst at the top, we could see the infamous Segrada Familia (which unfortunately was sold out all weekend). I never realized how massive this building was, and it amazes me that it won't be finished until 2026 and it'll be double the size it already is. I'm currently planning on coming back when it's finished, who's with me?
After miles (9 to be exact) of walking we made a pit stop at the Arc De Triomf. Fun fact: Barcelona was supposed to have the Eiffel Tower, but the citizens said no because it was too ugly for their beautiful city. 
That night, after a siesta that accidentally lasted 2 hours too long, we got ready and headed out to an Irish pub nearby to watch the Real Madrid/Barcelona soccer game. The game started at 2am our time, and the bar closed at 3am, so we only saw half of the game, but in the end Barcelona won and that's all that matters. Since the night was still young, we found a club down the street and took a chance. It was an interesting night to say the least, and we didn't get home until 5am. That left us just enough time to wake up bright and early for another day of adventures. 

On Sunday, we (once again) woke up later than expected, but quickly made our way out the door to a burrito restaurant a block away. I haven't had a burrito in at least a month, so when I say this was the best burrito I've had in a while, technically I'm not lying. After our burritos, we metro'd to Camp Nou for a tour of the stadium. I've never really been a soccer fan, but after touring the stadium and learning a bit about the team and their history, I think I can say I'm a fan. I bought a shirt so that counts for something, right? 
After the stadium, we hauled it back to Park Güell and bought tickets to go into the mosaic area. The architecture was incredible and the views of the whole city were unreal. Once we were done taking 10000 pictures, we headed home to chill on the beach before our day of travel the following day. 

Now here is where everything begins to go downhill. The night before, we said we'd go to sleep around 12 since we had to get up at 4am for our flight at 7am. We ended up staying up until 2am, and were woken up by the hotel owner at 5:37am banging on our door to tell us our taxi was here and didn't want to wait. Needless to say, we were up, packed, and out of that room within 2 minutes. Our taxi driver hated us, but FLEW to the airport which I appreciated greatly. 
"Oh it's fine", we said, "it's early and no one will be there", we said.
We were wrong. 
The line for security had at least 500 people in it and by this time it was 6am. We eventually got up to security around 6:15, but all broke into groups since we didn't want to wait and we all miss our plane. Me and my 2 pals finally got through security and headed towards gate A05. Halfway to our gate I got a text from the other group saying we were gate B36 on the other side of the airport. Mind you it's 6:30 and we're on the other side. We HAUL to the other side, but when we're 2 gates away, I receive another text saying it was the wrong gate and we're at A05. We all run (literally) back to gate A05 and get there right at 7am. Luckily, people were still boarding. We got up to the front of the line, to then have the flight attendant tell us there was a flight change and to wait to get our new seat. We got our seat, walked out to a bus, and were taken to our new plane. The flight itself was great, but overall, yesterday morning was a solid 0/10. 

Overall, I loved Barcelona so much. The people weren't exactly my favorite, and it was very touristy, but it was a lot of fun. However, if I had to choose, I would pick Madrid over Barcelona. 
But don't get me wrong, I'll be coming back for both very soon ;)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments